14044 US-231 A, Hazel Green, AL 35750, USA

DO NOT EVER USE DAVE JONES D & D ENGINES & TRANSMISSIONS 14044 US-231 A HAZEL GREEN, AL 35750 HE SOLD ME A USED ENGINE FOR $1,585 WITH A "30-DAY WARRANTY" ON IT.AND THEN WHEN THE OIL PAN GOT A CRACK IN IT WITHIN THE TIME FRAME OF THE 30 DAYS (NOT UP TIL SEPT.

4, 2017) HE CHARGED ME FOR A USED OIL PAN AND THE FREIGHT ON THE OIL PAN = $60 TOTAL HE DID NOT HONOR THE 30-DAY WARRANTY ON THE ENGINE. THE COURIER DID NOT BRING ME A WARRANTY ON THE OIL PAN. HIS COURIER SAID HE "COULD NOT" GIVE ME A RECEIPT FOR THE PAYMENT OF THE OIL PAN WHEN HE DELIVERED IT TO MY DOOR. I SAID I WOULD BRING HIM A PIECE OF PAPER SO HE COULD WRITE ME A RECEIPT.

HE SAID, UH....I CAN'T WRITE THAT WELL (PROBABLY COULD NOT WRITE AT ALL) SO YOU'LL HAVE TO WRITE IT. I DID, MADE A COPY OF IT, AND ASKED THAT HE GIVE THE COPY TO DAVE JONES. (LOL, I DID NOT PAY HIM THE CASH UNTIL AFTER I WROTE OUT THE RECEIPT AND MADE A COPY OF IT FOR MR. JONES.) I HAVE LET DAVE JONES KNOW I AM NEVER DOING BUSINESS WITH HIM AGAIN, WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH HIM, AND THAT I AM REPORTING HIM TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES IMMEDIATELY.

IN THE WORDS OF ONE OF MY VERY GOOD FRIENDS: "THAT IS A SORRY, LOWDOWN WAY TO DO BUSINESS." THIS IS JUST PLAIN WRONG, CROOKED, AND DISHONEST AND WORD NEEDS TO BE PUT OUT THERE THAT THIS IS TRUE - WITHOUT A DOUBT. He sold used engine to me 7/27/17 for $1,645 and said it was under warranty for 30 days from when installed. It was installed 8-4-17. He sold me the used oil pan (when I found out oil pan on engine he sold was cracked & causing oil leak) on 8-25-17 for $60.

It should have been free.Warranty not up until 9-4-17.

Review about: Engine.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: D and d engines did not honor warranty on used engine.

Had an Experience with D And D Engines?

Comments

"UPDATE YOUR REVIEW"

OR

"MARK AS RESOLVED"

These are the choices pissedconsumer.com gave me in an email this a.m.The issue IS NOT RESOLVED........But you give NOWHERE to "UPDATE YOUR REVIEW."

So I will update here..............I have the mechanic's name and phone # who put the used oil pan in I bought from Dave Jones @ D & D Engines for $60.

(Express Oil had diagnosed a cracked oil pan and wanted to charge $850 labor to put it in and $135 for the oil pan, so I went through Mr.

Jones & got the oil pan and through Mike Gooch in Sheffield, AL @ Gooch's Auto Repair for him to do the labor. Mr. Gooch said THE OIL PAN WAS NOT CRACKED. He said there was a leaky valve toward the back of the oil pan that was causing the oil leak.

EVEN WHEN I SENT A CORRECTED COMPLAINT TO THE BBB ABOUT THE OIL PAN NOT HAVING A CRACK IN IT AND A LEAKY VALVE, I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM DAVE JONES @ D & D ENGINES.

He owes me $60.He DID NOT HONOR the used engine warranty.